Held at the Fort Island Gulf Beach,16000 W Fort Island Trail, Crystal River, FL 34428, USA
Second Sunday Sunset Drum Circle
Please join us for this FREE community event which unites everyone using the "language of rhythm". For two hours of the month, each of us are all the same and feel connected to something bigger than ourselves. Lose your worries in the rhythm and have a fun late afternoon!
WHEN and WHERE: This drum circle is held each second Sunday of the month at the Ft Island Trail Beach out of Crystal River, at the last picnic shelter. TIME: We gather approximately two hours before sunset and drum just through sunset. This event recurs each month unless it is raining at the time of the event AT THE BEACH, not necessarily where you live.
Public restrooms are available for use.
Bring chairs, bug spray, non alcoholic beverages, along with your hand or mallet drums, shakers, Native American flutes and other small percussion instruments.. Bring your dancing feet!
Children are welcome under supervision; this is a family gathering.. Smoking is not permitted within the drum circle, so please sit downwind of the circle if you need to smoke during the event. Please do not bring dogs: dogs nor alcohol are allowed on the beach.
If you are on Face Book, we can be found under "Citrus County Drummers".
For more information, contact Charlotte at 352-344-8009
Some Benefits of going to a drum circle are:
- Releases Negative Feelings, Blockages, and Emotional Trauma.
- Provides a Medium for Individual Self-Realization.
- Reduces stress, tension, and anxiety.
- Provides for natural pain control.
- Boosts immunity by stimulating natural killer cell activity to fight invaders.
- Alzheimer’s patients who drum can connect better with loved ones.
- Drumming rhythm can help retrain the brain after a stroke.
Email us if you would like to be put on the list to remind you.